It was the week that was—politically, culturally and creatively. Herewith, some work that crossed our radar.
– At the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity (where presumably women can wear any shoes they like), Geometry Global (Dubai) was awarded the product design grand prix for its ingenious work for Lucky Iron Fish, a social enterprise dedicated to reducing iron deficiency rates around the world.
– Somewhere over the rainbow, love and equality win the day on social media and everywhere.
And the ridiculous:
– Ellen DeGeneres rarely puts a foot wrong but she’s not doing herself any favors with this trite and uninspired QVC spot introducing her new home décor product line. It’s enough to make you wish there really were a “war on Christmas.”
– “Time upon a once.” When Yoda and Alice in Wonderland collaborate, this is the result. An inaudible mess, it is.
– A little help here? Sherwin Williams celebrates the women who “make a home,” apparently with no help from their children, spouses or contractors. It’s exhausting to watch, much less emulate.Leave a comment